1. All gates must be closed and secured. No litter or dead fish to be left on the banks. Before occupying a swim members must clear any litter within ten metres of the swim they have selected. Bailiffs are instructed to report offenders and endorse Membership Book. No metal bait containers (e.g., luncheon meat and sweetcorn tins) to be taken on Club waters.
2. Crossing the river by railway viaducts is strictly prohibited
3. Radio sets, etc., must not be played on Club waters to the annoyance of other members.
4. Caravans must not be taken on to any land adjoining Club waters. Dogs allowed where permitted must be under control.
5. No tents are permitted on any Club venue.
6. Members are asked to give information to any Club official if they ob-serve trespassing on Club waters or any breach of the fishing laws or the rules in this book by other members.
7. Under no circumstances are any fish to be removed from any Club waters. Transfer of fish between waters is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and is a very serious breach of rules, which could lead to expulsion from the Club AND PROSECUTION BY THE ENVIRONMENT AGENCY.
8. Any Club water reserved for a match is closed to everyone from mid-night on the previous evening. Only those people fishing the match are allowed on the reserved length until the match is finished.
9. No open fires to be lit on Club waters unless sanctioned by the committee for maintenance work.
10. Guns of all descriptions must not be carried onto Vauxhall waters or property unless authorized by the Committee.
11. The use of gaffs is not permitted on any Club waters.
12. Junior members must be accompanied by an adult member. The parents of any junior member caught fishing unaccompanied will be contact-ed and informed of the offence and of the dangers of young anglers fishing on their own.
Juniors aged 14 and over may fish the Mere at Tingrith by themselves or with one friend who is also a member and over 14 years of age. (max of two over 14’s and under 16’s may fish together )Parents are responsible for the safety of any Junior member.
13. Members and their guests visiting Club waters must at all times con-duct themselves so as not to interfere with the fishing of other members.
14. All boats (dinghies, lilos, bait boats. etc.) are prohibited from Vauxhall Club waters unless sanctioned by Committee for maintenance works.
15. Where allowed, an individual may use the maximum of 3 (three) rods on Vauxhall waters only if a 3rd (third) Rod Permit has been purchased and he/she is in the possession of the relevant EA Rod Fishing Licences.
3-Rod permit £15.00 Jun 16th -Mar 14th £25 Jun16th- Jun15th
Failure to comply with this rule will result in the front cover of your Membership Book being removed and you will be immediately banned from the Club. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
16. Some waters have special rules that are applicable and these are detailed on the maps. Ensure that you understand and comply with these.
17. All anglers who are specimen fishing must use a suitable unhooking mat, as large fish are easily damaged. The Club recommends a size of 2 foot x 3 foot by 1 1/2 inches thick. Bailiffs are instructed to ensure that suitable mats are used.
18. Anglers must not keep more than 50lbs of fish in any keepnet.
19. All members, especially long stay anglers, must ensure they cater for their own toilet requirements by bagging and removing all waste from the fishery. Under no circumstances must anglers cause offence or a hygiene hazard, to any person, by not complying with the previous rule.
20. Bivvies must not be left unattended for longer than 1 hour in any 24 hour period. You must adhere to this rule or your fishing equipment will be removed.