VAUXHALL ANGLING CLUB
RULES 2015 / 2016
- Objectives. The objectives of the Club in addition to the Constitution shall be to promote fair angling and to care for and restock such waters as the Club may control.
- Membership. Any person shall be eligible for membership of the Vauxhall Angling Club upon payment of the appropriate membership fee to cover the period June 16th to March 14th of the following year. It is also a condition of membership that members will adhere to all Club rules and be in possession of an appropriate current EA rod fishing licence.
- Subscriptions. The following annual subscriptions shall apply
(Price is for 2 rods only — see Water Rule 15):
Adults £55.00 } After Dec 1st £25
Joint (man and wife) £75.00 } After Dec 1st £35
Juniors (10 to under 16) £15.00 }After Dec 1st £10
Senior Citizens (over 65) £30.00 }After Dec 1st £15
Disabled* £30.00 } After Dec 1st £15
*Disabled concession is available to anglers in receipt of a Concessionary rod licence. You will need to provide your concessionary rod licence (copies accepted)
Replacements for lost books will be charged for at 25% of the appropriate fee.
3rd Rod Permits £15.00
- The Club shall be affiliated to the Ivel Protection Association (see Waters).
- Rules: All members must conform to the Club Rules and EA National and Regional Rules.
5.1 The Committee reserves the right to ban any person from being a member of the Club or from being allowed onto Club waters.
5.2 If such a ban is enforced and the person concerned wishes to appeal, in the first instance they must write to the Club detailing why such a ban should not be enforced.. Based upon that, the Committee will decide whether the appeal is rejected, upheld or may ask the appellant to attend a committee meeting to discuss further.
6. Finance. No financial obligations shall be assumed by any body other than the Vauxhall Angling Club. The Committee and Trustees will administer all Club expenditure and income, in the best interests of the Club.
- Responsibility for Members’ Property. The Club shall not assume any responsibility whatsoever for accidents to members or loss or damage to members’ property whilst on Vauxhall Angling Club property or tenancies. Members are advised to insure their own fishing tackle.
- The affairs of the Club shall be conducted by the officers and committee elected each year at the Annual General Meeting, to be held on the date specified on the inside rear cover of the membership book. The section officers shall be: Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Head Bailiff, Assistant Head Bailiff, Fisheries Maintenance Officer, Assistant Fisheries Maintenance Officer, Match Secretary, Membership Secretary and Publicity Officers. The committee shall consist of all officers plus not more than 12 members elected at the AGM. The committee have powers to co-opt but such members will have no voting power on the committee. The committee shall have the power to make bye-laws and regulations to settle any relevant matters not provided for in these rules, these to be submitted for endorsement at the following AGM. The committee collectively is responsible for the review and implementation of all proposals, including (but not exclusively) items such as restocking, financial spending, fishery maintenance and purchase, water rents and membership prices. All decisions within committee must be made via democratic voting and recorded in the meeting minutes.Any Committee Member failing to attend a minimum of seven committee meetings a year, without reasonable explanation, will cease to be a committee member & their complimentary book will be revoked
- Trespass — Prevention of. The committee shall endeavour to initiate action to prosecute trespassers on land or fishing rights owned by Vauxhall Angling Club.
- Members must acquaint themselves and abide by Vauxhall Angling Club rules. These rules shall not be altered in any way except at the AGM or at a Special General Meeting called for that purpose. Proposed alterations must be signed by the proposer and seconder and be in the Secretary’s hands one calendar month before the AGM.
- Any suggestions or complaints must be referred to an officer or committee member in writing to the PO Box—see page 1.
- Guest tickets permitting visitors to fish on Club waters accompanied by a member must be obtained by post via the PO Box address in the front of the book, price £10.00 each, Juniors (under 16 £5.00). NO tickets will be issued for Tingrith. YOU MUST ALLOW AT LEAST 7 WORKING DAYS NOTICE FOR ISSUE OF TICKETS.
- Fishery Venue Officers shall be appointed for each of the Club waters and notified in the Membership Book. They shall be elected by the officers and committee at the first committee meeting following the AGM and their activities shall be co-ordinated by the Fisheries Management Officer.
- All publicity of catches and other matters relating to the Club must be channelled through our Publicity Officer or Match Secretary and not direct to the Failure to comply with this rule will be regarded as a serious breach of Club rules.
- Members must at all times, carry their signed Membership Book with them whilst visiting Club waters and MUST produce them when asked to do so, no matter by whom.
- There shall be four trustees of Vauxhall Angling Club who shall be members of the Club, elected at the Annual General Meeting or a special meeting called for that purpose. Trustees may only be removed from office by a resolution at the Annual General Meeting. In the event of death, resignation or removal of any trustee, the vacancy shall be filled at the next AGM. Any three from the four elected Trustees are able to act on behalf of the Club.
- Trustees and officers shall be indemnified in respect of all liabilities and expenses incurred by them in the execution of their duties, except in the case where the liability or expense arises from the personal willful default, fraud or dishonesty of a trustee.
- The Head Bailiff and Committee will appoint Bailiffs each season. All Bailiffs will be issued with an ID card and report book. Report books must be returned to the Head Bailiff when All Committee members and Club Officers will be Club Bailiffs.
- A Match Committee of a maximum of 5, including the Match Secretary, shall be elected from the Officers and Committee at the first Committee meeting following the AGM.
- One non-fishing partner may accompany members. Under 10`s are allowed to fish for free ONLY from the members peg and must be properly supervised at all times.
- Abusive, intimidating or threatening behaviour WILL NOT be tolerated by Vauxhall Angling Club. The Committee will BAN FOR LIFE any person(s) either directly or indirectly found to be contravening this rule, in ANY way.
- The Club will implement and pursue all policies and procedures documented in the Vauxhall Angling Club Fisheries Management Plan. All officers, committee members, Bailiffs etc. are to fully acquaint themselves with this plan to understand roles, responsibilities and implementation. Copies of the plan are available from the Chairman, Secretary or Publicity Officer.
- The rules governing Club competitions are available from the Club Secretary and the Match Secretary.
- Pike Fishing
-No pike fishing at the Tingrith Complex
-Woburn Sands pike fishing only between Oct 1st and March14th.
-All other venues open.
-No live fish to be brought onto or used for pike fishing on any Vauxhall water.
- Anyone found trying to foul hook any fish may be prosecuted and will be banned from the Club.
- The disfigurement or mistreatment of fish is strictly forbidden.
Rules for Woodlands and Barretts Mere at Tingrith:
1. Float Fishing and 1 Rod/Pole Only
2. Unhooking Mats Must Be Used
3. Barbless Hooks Only Maximum Size 10
4. Main Access gate to be kept closed and locked at all times
5. Secondary access gate should be closed and locked when the last member leaves.
6. No Floating Baits/Bubble Floats/Controllers/legering of any kind
7. No Keep Nets
Bailiffing will be shared between the Clubs, members are reminded to show their book to anyone that asks! Only Vauxhall members may fish the Manor Lake
Vauxhall have began their stocking at Sharnbrook with carp, roach and bream being introduced. Further stock will be added to the £7000 worth of fish later in the year. Woburn Sands also had fish to 14lbs added recently.